Pages

Sunday 29 July 2012

Delicious Banana Malt Smoothie.

I have been incredibly slack at posting lately! I guess this would have mostly to do with the fact I have not actually been baking or cooking anything worth while posting.
I have a slight bit of motivation back ever since my Sister introduced me to Pinterest!
So if you would like to follow me or take a look at the inspiration I have been getting you can see my profile HERE!

Anyway, for the past few months I have been obsessed with milkshakes/ smoothies and sandwiches. A weird combo I know. And despite my obsession I have not really made either (partly due to not owning a blender). I've just been looking at photos on Pinterest and the Internet.
So when my Birthday came along earlier this month and my awesome boyfriend surprised me with a blender I was over the moon!

We finally, finally decided to make a Banana Malt Smoothie yesterday & served it with some delicious waffles for a sweet tooth's dream breakfast, so here it is :)


 Jai and Aimee's Banana Malt Smoothie.

Notes
We originally made this without any ice, but didn't get the chilling smoothie effect we were going for, so we added a handful of ice which was much better.
Another idea we have for next time was to freeze the bananas instead.

Serves
Approx. 3

Ingredients
- 3 cups of milk
- 3 over ripe bananas, chopped
- 3 heaped teaspoons of malt powder (we used Horlicks)
- 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- Handful of ice

Method
1. Put the bananas, milk, malt powder and ice cream in to the blender and blend until smooth.

2. Add a handful of ice and pulse until blended in with the smoothie.

3. Pour in to your glasses, add a couple pieces of banana to the top of your smoothie, pop in your straws and enjoy :)


Once your smoothies are done, pop your prepaid waffles in to the oven until heated through, then sprinkle over some icing sugar, serve with Canadian maple syrup and ice cream and enjoy!


Serve with your delicious Banana Malt Smoothie :)

6 Comments:

Guest said...

Try freezing your bananas before blending. Makes your smoothies extra slushy ;)

Unknown said...

I'll definitely be trying that next time!! :)

Reeni said...

What a yummy breakfast! Love the malt smoothie!

over at this website said...

nice blog and very helpful information thanks

Jamba Appliances Blender with oz Jar said...

Your article is very helpful for me. I will follow your instruction. Thank you.

Best hand blender said...

Kutchina is one of the best companies to consider if you are planning to buy a Best Buy Hand Blender. I myself use the brand’s hand blender and I have two words to describe it: simply amazing. It helps me prepare different recipes such as dips, smoothies, sauce, and whipped cream. There are many features that I like about my Kutchina hand blender. It has a compact, sleek, and a lightweight body. This makes it incredibly easy to use.

Free Blog Template by June Lily