I'll put the recipe underneath the cut :)
Serves 2- 4
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 leek
- A big handful of mushrooms
- 285ml of single cream
- A cup of chicken stock
- A cup of water
- Olive oil
- A bunch of fresh parsley
- A knob of butter
- Sea salt & ground black pepper
- Flour, to coat the chicken
1. Slice the chicken into small strips, then coat in the flour.
2. Fry the chicken pieces in a hot pan with a drizzle of olive oil.
3. Once the chicken is cooked through, take it off the heat and place to the side.
4. Next add a knob of butter to a pan and add the mushrooms. Cook until golden.
5. Add the chopped leeks and the chicken stock, as well as a small glass of water. Let it simmer for 5 minutes, covered loosely with a piece of foil.
6. After 5 minutes add the cooked chicken back into the pan as well as the parsley and cream.
7. Boil some water in a kettle, add to a hot saucepan, quickly bring back to the boil and add the pasta.
8. Let the stroganoff simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes.
9. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and serve on plates, along with the chicken stroganoff on top.
Frying the chicken until just cooked through.
The chopped leeks ready to be cooked.
The chicken, mushrooms and leeks cooking away in the pan.
After the cream was added to the pan.
The finished product!
Jamie's Ministry of Food cookbook in the background.