We had loads more yummy things too. It was a FEAST!
Blinis with Smoked Salmon, Creme Fraiche and chives (recipe below), and
Pear, Parmesan and Rocket wrapped in Prosciutto. (recipe below)
Roast Potatoes with Polenta, cooked in Goose Fat,
Pigs in Blankets,
Mel's Winter Coleslaw,
Roast Parsnip, Carrot & Onion,
And last but not least, gravy!
Desert: Christmas Pudding.
Cooking time: less than 10 mins
•5 egg, whites only
•1 cup flour
•½ cup milk
•1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
•½ cup chopped chives
•salt and pepper
•smoked salmon, cut in strips
•chopped chives, to garnish
1.Whisk the egg whites until stiff.
2. Mix the remaining ingredients, then carefully fold the egg whites into the mixture.
3. Using a teaspoon, spoon the blini mixture into a very hot, lightly greased, heavy bottomed frying pan, cooking for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
4. Cut small strips of smoked salmon, arrange in a squiggly shape on each blinis, and add 1 tsp of crème fraîche and sprinkle with a few chopped chives.
Recipe from http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chivebliniswithsmoke_11251
Pear, Parmesan and Rocket wrapped in Prosciutto.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
•2 ripe but firm pears, cored and halved
•1 tsp lemon juice
•2 large handfuls of rocket
•12 slices prosciutto
•30g parmesan, shaved
•24 cocktail sticks (toothpicks)
1. Cut each pear half into 4 long pieces, to make 16. You'll need 12, so eat the rest.
2. Combine the pears and lemon juice and season.
3. Put a pear slice and a few leaves of rocket on each prosciutto slice. Add a shaving of parmesan, roll tightly and secure with 2 toothpicks.
4. Roll all the others, then cut each in half in between the toothpicks.
Recipe from http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4284/prosciutto-pear-and-rocket-rolls
The turkey has butter stuffed under the skin to keep it moist, and the breast part is covered in smoked streaky bacon.
The turkey all cooked.
Jason's Prawn Cocktail Salad.
Mel's Winter Coleslaw.
Roasted Carrots, Parsnip and Onion with Rosemary.
The Christmas Pudding.
One of my Christmas pressies from my lovely sister and lovely mum! If you can't tell already, I REALLY miss some of the Aussie junk food snacks whilst living in the UK.